Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bruchmiller Family Reunion

My mom's family gets together every year for a family reunion. It is fun to see aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, and, of course, our precious grandma, who now goes by G.G. - a name given to her by her first great-grandchild (at least that's where I think it came from.)

Here is a pic of G.G. and me! She writes the BEST letters (but that's a post for another time). It is always a blessing to spend time with her.

And here she is with some of her great-grandchildren. At the reunion this year, it was just my brother's kids and mine.


So what do we do at these reunions? Well, we EAT (boy, do we eat), but I didn't get a picture of that. I guess I was too busy eating.

We also play...



(if you didn't notice, that is my mom's hand at the edge of the picture - coming to stop the water war before someone got a direct shot to the eye or a camera got wet)


we share pictures...


and we talk...

and talk...

and talk...

and talk.




This is what Levi thought about all of that talking.


Don't worry, buddy.
Next year you can get water sprayed in your eye during the drinking fountain water war.

3 comments:

Josh Page said...

I'm attending a Bruchmiller reunion being held in Goliad, TX on April 28. I was wondering if this was the same group that has been doing this for years. I've done some extensive research on the 'Bruchmillers' as I too am part of the clan. I will be attending the Goliad reunion with the files I've gathered toghether in hopes of updating and continuing to produce a rather large family tree. I'll also be creating a Facebook event for the reunion as well. I write this in hopes the message spreads and there will be a large turnout.

Thanks,
Josh Page, son of Kathy (Bruchmiller) Page, daughter of Larry Bruchmiller

Camille said...

Josh - This is a small representation of the larger Bruchmiller reunion that takes place in Texas each year. The reunion in this post takes place in either Oregon or Washington every summer in late July or early August. It includes the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids of Herbert (Tex) and Lois Bruchmiller. My parents (my mom is the 2nd daughter of Tex and Lois) will be attending the Texas reunion this year - I think some of my aunts/uncles will be attending too. Hopefully you'll get a chance to meet them! Thanks for your post - hopefully it will help you recognize a few familiar faces at the Bruchmiller reunion this year. :)

Camille (Gerards) Waage, daughter of Sherry (Bruchmiller) Gerards, daughter of Tex and Lois Bruchmiller

Joy Lominska said...

Camille,
Josh and I have emailed a couple of times. I am searching for the relatives of the Bruchmillers who came to Kansas, including Otto and William. I am sure they are related to the Texas clan, but not sure how. Otto and his wife founded the farm we live on, and I would love to find out who his relatives were.